Michaela spent most of her childhood in Queensland and prior to becoming a lawyer was a member of the Defence Force.
Michaela joined JMA Legal in 2012 and is a senior member of the commercial team with experience in:
- Wills and estate planning – simple wills, power of attorney, guardianship appointments, testamentary trust wills,
- Succession planning – including dealing with complex business structures, discretionary trusts and superannuation, and transfer of properties,
- Commercial probate matters,
- Preparing partnership, shareholder and unit holder agreements,
- Preparing trust and superannuation deeds
- Advising on Revenue NSW duty and available exemptions and preparing rulings
- Advising on capital gains tax, particularly small business exemptions and preparing rulings
She has expertise in a wide range of commercial matters focusing particularly on business structuring, business succession and personal estate planning including testamentary trusts where necessary, powers of attorney and guardianship appointments.
Michaela also manages the commercial aspects of complex probates, assists junior lawyers when complex issues arise in property matters and is increasingly involved with issues concerning self-managed superannuation funds. She also works closely with Jim Main on complex rural and urban business succession strategies and solutions.
Michaela has a Batchelor of Laws degree from Queensland University of Technology and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the College of Law.
Michaela is currently part way through a Graduate Diploma of Applied Tax Law.