Connie grew up in the heart of Sydney, NSW and after completing her schooling in Sydney travelled to the University of New England in Armidale to undertake a double degree in Law and Criminology.
After obtaining her qualifications and completing her Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice at the College of Law in Sydney, Connie joined the JMA Legal Sydney office. After starting the first part of her working life in Sydney, Connie re-located to Cootamundra to join her now husband who runs a mixed-farming grain and livestock property.
Connie is a most valued member of the commercial and focuses on:
- Succession planning, wills and estates,
- Residential, rural and commercial property law, with extensive practice on PEXA settlements, mortgages, leases and dealing registrations,
- Transfer duty and the available exemptions,
- Legislation interpretation and case research for colleagues,
- Dealing with the transfer of property out of companies, with an emphasis on the provisions contained in Division 7A, and
- Business entity, superannuation law and transactional taxes generally.
Connie has a passion for streamlined legal services and continues to focus on the developments of e-conveyancing. Connie has a particular interest in family and tax law and enjoys developing tailored options and outcomes for each client under the guidance of Jim Main, Michaela Schmidt and Amanda Tully.
Connie has a Bachelor of Laws degree and a Bachelor of Criminology degree from the University of New England and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Australian College of Law.
Outside of work, Connie enjoys yoga, running, netball, baking healthy treats as well as spending time on the farm and at the beach with her family and friends. Connie is passionate about providing country clients with sophisticated legal services and enjoys the unique matters brought by clients to each JMA Legal office.