Position: Managing Director
John is managing director of JMA Legal and a senior member of the commercial team with a focus on business sales and purchases, commercial and rural property, commercial and rural leasing, finance law, superannuation and employment law.
John’s background in banking, government, agriculture and agribusiness management assists in understanding the needs of his business and agribusiness clients.
He has extensive and broad experience in:
- Sale and purchase of a business including Hotels and Motels
- Commercial and rural property transactions including Water Access Licence transactions
- Commercial and rural leasing including solar farm projects
- Liquor licences and gaming entitlements
- Employment law including drafting and advising on employment contracts and advising on employment law
- Wills and estate planning – simple wills, testamentary trust wills, wills dealing with business structures,
- Preparing partnership and shareholder agreements,
- Preparing and advising clients in relation to loan agreements, mortgages and security agreements under the Personal Properties Securities Act,
- Establishing business structures, Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF) including limited recourse borrowing arrangements
John is passionate about getting the best results for his clients and maintaining the relationship of trusted business advisor, he has a strong commitment to preparing documents that are in plain English but also effectively deal with the many complexities that arise in business areas.
John has a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of New England, a Bachelor of Horticultural Science (with distinction) from the University of Western Sydney (Hawkesbury).
In addition, a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Australian National University and has completed RG 146 Superannuation with the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA).