Margot is a director of JMA Legal and a senior property lawyer with expertise in property law, rural conveyancing and agribusiness. Margot has a rural background and has had extensive experience in all areas of property law.
Margot leads the conveyancing team and has many clients who have worked with her for years and include farming businesses, corporate clients, family businesses and private clients across New South Wales. Margot acts for buyers and sellers of rural properties, residential and commercial properties and businesses as well lessors and lessees of commercial and farm properties.
Margot has had many years’ experience with deceased estates and is also responsible for the firm’s probate and estate administration practice.
She has extensive experience in:
- Property law with emphasis on rural sales, purchases, leases and water access licenses.
- Preparing and reviewing complex contracts and agreements
- Advising clients in relation to their purchases including contract review, purchasing entities, restrictions, access and matters generally.
- Intergenerational transfers of rural land.
- Transfer of land pursuant to wills.
- Farm leases.
- Probate, Letters of Administration, administration of estates, Family Provisions and simple wills.
Margot provides knowledge and experience to her clients. She acknowledges her client’s wishes and works with them and other specialist members of JMA to provide the best outcomes available.
Margot has a Diploma in Law from the Legal Practitioners Admission Board and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the NSW College of Law.